Maryland Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Undergraduate Scholarship
Award Guidelines for Undergraduates of Maryland Colleges
A. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
B. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Any applicant completing their sophomore or junior year and attending a Maryland College or University, who is enrolled as a FULL TIME student in a teacher preparation program in dance education, health education, physical education or recreation is considered eligible.
- Applicants shall hold a current G.P.A. of 3.0 in the declared major and a G.P.A. of 2.5 overall.
- Applicants shall show evidence of leadership in community and extracurricular participation, particularly those that apply to the chosen profession.
- Complete the official application form below.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation should accompany the completed application:
- one letter submitted by a member of the HPERD staff
- one letter submitted by a school employee outside the HPERD department
- one letter submitted by a person who is not a member of the school community, excluding relatives
- The form indicating GPA and declared major should be signed by the HPERD department chair and returned with the application.
- An electronic copy of college transcript AND an OFFICIAL College Transcript sent to the MAHPERD Office - 828 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson MD 21204.
Apply by completing the form below and email parts of the application electronically to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: emailed by 11:59 p.m. May 20
C. SELECTION PROCESS
- Completed applications will be reviewed by the MAHPERD Honors and Awards Committee.
- The recipient will be notified and announced upon proof of enrollment.
- Awards will be made upon evidence of full time enrollment at the institution.
- Recognition of the scholarship will be made at the annual MAHPERD convention awards banquet. Attendance to the banquet is strongly encouraged.
Questions about this application form should be sent to Mrs. Nana Donkor at firstname.lastname@example.org
I've invited you to fill out the form 2016 MAHPERD SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS CRITERIA FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS. To fill it out, visit: http://goo.gl/forms/fEIy88a9tj